What's happened so far…

Smiling man with gray hair and facial hair with police lights in the background and crime scene tape in the foreground

Investigation Day 1

Late Sunday night, Julie Arbuckle found her neighbor Ambrose Garrett unresponsive in the community center near her house. She called 911, but it was too late, and Ambrose was pronounced dead at the scene.

The detectives talked to Julie at the scene about why she went looking for Ambrose in the first place.

Investigation Day 2

Just after midnight, the detectives sat down with Ambrose's wife, Delilah, at the hospital where she works to notify her of her husband's death and learn more about him.

In the morning, investigators canvassed the residents near the Whitehall Community Center to find out if anyone saw or heard anything the night before.

While they were still looking for witnesses, the local media broke the news of Ambrose's death.

Meanwhile, back at the station, the detectives were finally able to talk to Chester Hawkins about what he was doing outside the community center the night before.

Shortly afterward, CSU sent over a preliminary inventory of evidence collected at the scene, and other investigators mapped locations relevant to the case so far.

After lunch, the detectives met with Julie Arbuckle again to see what else she had to say after having some time to collect her thoughts.

Late that afternoon, the detectives talked to Delilah again to find out more about her husband's activities and relationships.

Investigation Day 3

The next morning, the detectives met with Ambrose's assistant, Rick, to learn about Ambrose's business relationships.

A little later, they talked to the HOA secretary, Mary Wallace, about Ambrose, the neighbors, and the meeting the night he died.

Not long after she left, Mary sent the detectives a copy of her notes from the HOA meeting.

They also got the transcript of Julie's 911 call the night Ambrose died.

After lunch, the HOA's treasurer agreed to come in and talk to the detectives.

A little later, a neighbor who frequently clashed with Ambrose met with the detectives at her workplace.

Then the man who called 911 on Ambrose came into the sheriff's department to speak with the detectives.

Investigation Day 4

The next morning, Detectives Armstrong and Murphy took a look at Julie's phone records from the day Ambrose died and reviewed the coroner's preliminary findings.


All of this info is available now in the Detectives' Evidence Preview
Subscribe to see it right away

The detectives' afternoon began with a conversation with another thorn in Ambrose's side.

Next, they talked to another neighbor with a completely different perspective on Ambrose and the neighborhood.

Later on, they spoke to Delilah's old college friend and current neighbor.

Investigation Day 5

The next morning, the detectives pulled the report on the incident between Ambrose and Warren about a week and a half before Ambrose died.

They also reviewed the crime lab's findings on fingerprints at the scene as well as where all the witnesses live in relation to the community center.

After lunch, they went over to the hospital to talk to Delilah's supervisor and her co-workers about the night Ambrose died.