Oxford real estate developer Philip Fontaine was found dead in his home in the early morning hours of Saturday, July 11, 2020.
Fontaine's young wife, Ashley, found his body in a pool of blood on the kitchen floor around 1:00 a.m. Both Mrs. Fontaine and her stepson Grant reportedly arrived home minutes before the 911 call was made.
Now, in January 2022, the case is about to come to trial, and the defense claims to have evidence exonerating the accused and implicating another suspect.
At the prosecutor's request, the detectives are reviewing the case file as part of the preparation to address the defense's assertion.
Help investigate the case
The Raw Deal case documents are presented in reverse chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- YCSD incident report
- Photos from the crime scene
- Interview with the victim's wife
- Interview with the victim's son
- Local TV news report on the death
- Biography of victim Philip Fontaine
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.