Yoknapatawpha County is hosting its first annual Literature Festival Beauty Pageant, which is stirring up some controversy in the community.
Event sponsors and the host facility insist the event at the Yoknapatawpha County Conference Center will go smoothly.
Opponents decry the pageant for reasons ranging from feminism to animal cruelty to honoring the tradition of great literature.
The sheriff's department takes no position on the issues but is getting up to speed on all the relevant parties to protect the safety of the contestants, judges, audience, and protestors.
What could go wrong?
Help investigate the case
The Drop Dead Gorgeous case documents are presented in reverse chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- Coverage of the pageant from the Oxford Weekly Planet
- An Oxford Weekly Planet reader claims the pageant demeans the city
- Coverage of the local business sponsoring the pageant from the Oxford Weekly Planet
- An Oxford Weekly Planet reader claims the pageant sponsors cruelty
- Contestants and the community await the festival queen's crowning from the Oxford Weekly Planet
- Incident report
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.