Vanessa Pruitt returned home from a few days out of town to find her husband and a stranger shot to death in the basement rec room.
Physical evidence was collected at the scene, and witnesses are being questioned, but no suspects have been identified. The investigation is ongoing.
- What happened?
- Who is the unknown person?
- What is the stranger doing there?
- Why are these two men dead?
- Is Vanessa Pruitt involved in the shootings of her husband and the stranger?
Examine the evidence and solve the case.
Help investigate the case
The Stranger Danger case documents are presented in chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- YCSD incident report
- Press coverage of the shooting deaths
- Interview with the woman who found the bodies
- Canvass of the neighbors
- Biography of one of the victims
- Inventory of evidence recovered at the scene
- Interview with the law partner of one of the victims
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.