The Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department is investigating an alleged human hand that was taken into evidence in connection with an arrest.
Area farmer John Reagle was intoxicated when taken into custody at Duffy's Bar & Grill on Sunday, July 13, 2014.
The bar's staff called 911 when customers complained that Reagle was harassing them, trying to get them to look at what he claimed was his ex-girlfriend's severed hand.
If the hand is human, the whereabouts of the person it came from are unknown at this time. The investigation is ongoing.
Help investigate the case
The Helping Hand case documents are presented in chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- YCSD arrest report
- Photos of the alleged hand
- Oxford Weekly Planet post
- Interview with the farmer who had the alleged hand
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.