YOKNAPATAWPHA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Investigating Officer(s): Det. T. Armstrong, Det. S. Murphy
Incident No.: 000524-27A-2001
Case Description: Melissa Hammond homicide investigation
DATE SEARCH WARRANT RECEIVED
March 1, 2001
DATE AND TIME SEARCH CONDUCTED
March 2, 2001
at 8:30 a.m.
COPY OF WARRANT AND RECEIPT FOR ITEMS LEFT WITH
Roger A. Hammond, property owner
4314 Mockingbird Road
INVENTORY IN THE PRESENCE OF
Detective Samantha Murphy and Detective Ted Armstrong of the Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department, and Roger A. Hammond, property owner.
I received the attached search warrant March 1, 2001 and have executed it as follows:
On March 2, 2001 at 8:30 a.m., I searched the person or premises described in the warrant and left a copy of the warrant with Roger A. Hammond, property owner.
INVENTORY OF PERSON OR PROPERTY TAKEN PURSUANT TO THE WARRANT
Collected from master bedroom
• 000524-43: One (1) men's dress shirt, white, size M, with reddish stains
• 000524-44: One (1) pair ladies' trousers, gray, size S, with reddish stains
Collected from laundry room
• 000524-45: One (1) pair men's trousers, khaki, size 31W, with reddish stains
• 000524-46: One (1) pair men's trousers, gray, size 31W, with dark stains
• 000524-47: One (1) turtleneck shirt, blue, size M, with dark stains
• 000524-48: One (1) sweatshirt-type jacket, hooded, black, size XL, with dark stains
• 000524-49: One (1) bundle of rope with wrapper labeled "Clothesline," approx. 66' length remaining
Collected from storage room
• 000524-50: One (1) segment of rope, approx. 34" length, tied around cardboard box
• 000524-51: One (1) plastic bag of rope labeled "Sash Cord," open, approx. 37' rope length remaining
Collected from garage
• 000524-52: One (1) t-shirt, white, size M, with reddish stains
Collected from vehicle
• 000524-53: One (1) sweatshirt, hooded, blue, with Ole Miss logo, size XL, with dark stains
Collected from person of Roger A. Hammond
• 000524-54: One (1) 10mL vial of blood
• 000524-55: One (1) hair sample
I swear that this inventory is a true and detailed account of the person or property taken by me on the warrant.
Detective - Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department
Subscribed, sworn to, and returned before me this 5th day of March, 2001.
//Harold R. McAfee
Yoknapatawpha County Court Judge