The Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of Ole Miss student Courtney Morris, who was found hanged in her apartment on Sunday afternoon, October 11, 2020.
Courtney's best friend Mee-Yon Kim came by to check on her, and when Courtney didn't respond to knocks on her door, Mee-Yon convinced the apartment manager to let her into Courtney's apartment.
Help investigate the case
The Fatal Hang-Up case documents are presented in reverse chronological order and are available exclusively to Case Detectives for a limited time. (Don't want to wait? Subscribe now).
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- Incident report about the discovery of the body
- Oxford Weekly Planet article on the death
- Interview with Courtney's best friend
- Biography of Courtney Morris
- Preliminary evidence inventory
- Interview with the apartment manager
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.