On August 4, 2015, Rachel, Zach, Hunter, and Melody — the Kudzu Kids — were goofing around in the Grove several weeks ago when they saw some men working at the old "Y" Building on campus.
The building is being renovated, so it's off-limits.
Naturally, the kids decided it would be cool to sneak in and look around. Harmless enough, right?
Well, there was a secret hatch under the floor of a broom closet in the "Y" Building. Zach reached in and came up with a bone.
Before the kids had a chance to inspect it, a University police officer found them and confiscated the bone.
While the adults look into the matter, the Kudzu Kids are conducting their own investigation.
Help investigate the case
The Kudzu Kids case documents are presented in chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Chronicle or one of these case documents:
- Press coverage of the kids' discovery
- The kids' video of their Y Building exploration
- The kids' audio of getting caught by the University police
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.