Emergency Services received a 911 call reporting a woman's body on the side of a road in eastern Yoknaptawpha County. She had been shot to death.
A teenager who was passing by made the discovery and notified the sheriff's department. A vehicle was found abandoned a short distance away.
Help investigate the case
The Last Word case documents are presented in reverse chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- YCSD incident report
- Biography of the victim
- Interview with the teen who found the body
- A related incident report from the same date
- Interview with the victim's parents
- Interview with the victim's boyfriend
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.