University of Mississippi instructor Kristi Waterson was found dead in the apartment she shared with her cousin.
Indications at the scene pointed to suicide, but investigators had their doubts. While the coroner works to pinpoint the cause and manner of death, Detectives Armstrong and Murphy are investigating whether Kristi had any enemies.
Who could've wanted this young woman dead?
The investigation into Kristi Waterson's death is ongoing.
Help investigate the case
The Deadly Sins case documents are presented in chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- Incident report about the discovery of the body
- News report from the crime scene
- Interview with Michelle Prescott, who found the body
- Interview with Dewey Devoe, who was also at the scene
- Biography of the victim, Kristi Waterson
- Press coverage of the death
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.