YOKNAPATAWPHA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Investigating Officer(s): Det. P. Beckwith, Det. J. Magee
Incident No.: 005121-27J-2021
Case Description: Scott Bryant homicide investigation
DATE SEARCH WARRANT RECEIVED
November 1, 2021
DATE AND TIME SEARCH CONDUCTED
November 2, 2021
at 9:30 a.m.
COPY OF WARRANT AND RECEIPT FOR ITEMS LEFT WITH
Denis Goodman, property lessee
503 Brittany Drive, Apt #23
INVENTORY IN THE PRESENCE OF
Detective Jo Allyn Magee and Detective Paul Beckwith of the Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department and Denis Goodman, property lessee
I received the attached search warrant November 1, 2021, and have executed it as follows:
On November 2, 2021 at 9:30 a.m., I searched the person or premises described in the warrant and left a copy of the warrant with Denis Goodman, property lessee.
INVENTORY OF PERSON OR PROPERTY TAKEN PURSUANT TO THE WARRANT
Recovered from living room
- 005121-DG01: One (1) laptop computer, retrieved from coffee table
- 005121-DG02: One (1) cellular telephone, retrieved from coffee table
- 005121-DG03: One (1) 8.5" x 11" spiral-bound, college-ruled notebook, dark blue cover, retrieved from coffee table
- Contents include a handwritten outline for zombie apocalypse play and research notes categorized as "zombie behavior, basic rules of interactive playwrighting, and making the undead very dead."
Recovered from study
- 005121-DG04: One (1) 5.5" x 8.27" hardbound, college-ruled journal with elastic band closure, dark blue cover, retrieved from desktop
- Contents include Numerous handwritten entries describing thoughts and feelings about Virginia Dole’s death, and Scott Bryant’s responsibility for it
- 005121-DG05: One (1) 3" x 5" spiral-bound notepad, dark blue cover, retrieved from desktop
- Contents include Handwritten log-on ID information and passwords, nutrition and calorie intake notes, and information on a daily online workout program to build bulk
- 005121-DG06: One (1) "Zombie Escape" script with handwritten annotations in margins including disparaging remarks about Martin Vargas and Scott Bryant, retrieved from desktop
Recovered from laundry alcove
- 005121-DG07: One (1) hand towel, faded orange with reddish-brown stains, retrieved from dryer
- 005121-DG08: One (1) pair heavy canvas gloves with elastic cuffs, off-white with reddish-brown stains, retrieved from dryer
- 005121-DG09: One (1) linen, long-sleeved shirt, off-white with reddish-brown stains, retrieved from dryer
- 005121-DG10: One (1) pair men's denim jeans, faded dark blue with reddish-brown stains, retrieved from dryer
- 005121-DG11: One (1) fixed blade hunting knife and sheath, retrieved from storage shelf
I swear that this inventory is a true and detailed account of the person or property taken by me on the warrant.
//Jo Allyn Magee
Detective - Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department
Subscribed, sworn to, and returned before me this 2nd day of November, 2021.
//Harold R. McAfee
Yoknapatawpha County Court Judge