Veronica Smith was found dead at her home on Friday night. Her husband, George O'Connor, and her 10-year-old daughter, Haley Smith, had just come back from a Father-Daughter Dance when they discovered Veronica's lifeless body on the bed in the master bedroom.
Veronica's head was covered by a plastic bag, and there were no signs of a disturbance at the scene. A note was found on the bedside table next to the body, which contributed to initial impressions of suicide.
Veronica's husband was adamant that she would never kill herself, and detectives at the scene that night observed some things that didn't seem quite right. Further investigation turned up evidence that this case wasn't what it first appeared to be.
Help investigate the case
The Fatal Reaction case documents are presented in reverse chronological order and are available in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- Incident Report about the discovery of the body
- The note found at the scene
- George O'Connor interview
- Veronica Smith biography
- Haley Smith interview
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.