Biological sample collection
YOKNAPATAWPHA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Investigating Officer(s): Det. P. Beckwith, Det. J. Magee
Incident No.: 005121-27J-2021
Case Description: Scott Bryant homicide investigation
Detectives Beckwith and Magee obtained warrants to collect blood samples from persons of interest.
The samples were submitted to the Crime Lab for comparison with previously collected evidence.
INVENTORY OF PERSON OR PROPERTY TAKEN PURSUANT TO THE SEARCH
- 005121-BIO-01 through 005121-BIO-02: Two (2) vials of blood from Neal Caine
- 005121-BIO-03 through 005121-BIO-04: Two (2) vials of blood from Denis Goodman
- 005121-BIO-05 through 005121-BIO-06: Two (2) vials of blood from Woody Herron
- 005121-BIO-07 through 005121-BIO-08: Two (2) vials of blood from Heath Rushing
- 005121-BIO-09 through 005121-BIO-10: Two (2) vials of blood from Martin Vargas
- 005121-BIO-11 through 005121-BIO-12: Two (2) vials of blood from Janet Weber
Yoknapatawpha County Court
State of Mississippi
In the matter of the search of:
445 Turnberry Court
Oxford, MS 38655
Case Number: 005121-08C-2021
To Detective Paul Beckwith and any Authorized Officer of Yoknapatawpha County, Mississippi.
Affidavit(s) having been made before me by Detective Paul Beckwith
who has reason to believe that on the person known as
in Yoknapatawpha County, Mississippi, there is now concealed a person or property, namely
Samples of blood from Neal Caine;
and as I am satisfied that there is probable cause to believe that the person or property so described is now concealed on the person or premises above described and that grounds for application for issuance of the search warrant exist as stated in the supporting affidavit(s).
YOU ARE HEREBY COMMANDED to search on or before November 9, 2021 (not to exceed 10 days) the person or property specified, serving this warrant and making the search in the daytime (6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.). If the person or property be found there seize same, leaving a copy of this warrant and receipt for the person or property taken and prepare a written inventory of the person or property seized and promptly return this warrant to US Judge or Magistrate,
At Yoknapatawpha County, Mississippi
Dated this 31st day of October, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
//Harold R. McAfee
Yoknapatawpha County Court Judge