Quentin Evans, conference attendeeQuentin Evans was born on May 22, 1940, to Earl and Olivia Evans. Earl worked for Norfolk Southern Railroad, and Olivia was a surgical nurse. They never intended to have children, but three years into their marriage, Olivia became pregnant. Even after Quentin was born, Earl was away for work more than he was home, and Olivia worked 12-14 hour shifts.

Quentin spent his early years with various babysitters, until he was old enough for preschool, then all day kindergarten. After school, he would ride the bus home and stay with neighbors until his one of his parents arrived home, usually at his bedtime. His parents provided for him financially, while Quentin learned how to cook for himself, do his own laundry, and spend most of his time completely alone.

After graduation, Quentin left home and never looked back. He often wondered if his parents even realized he was gone. He ended up in Mississippi and started a career as a postal carrier, where he met and fell in love with the mail clerk, Mollie Ann Mavers. They were married by a Justice of the Peace on February 14, 1960.

For the first time in his life he was truly happy. When Mollie announced that she was expecting he was overjoyed and full of hope. Their daughter, Eugenia, was his pride and joy. He vowed that she would always know that she was wanted and loved.

As a preteen, Eugenia started showing an interest in Elvis Presley. For birthdays and Christmas, she'd ask for Elvis music tapes. Soon Elvis was all she ever talked about, and Quentin and Mollie began to worry about her. Her grades were dropping, and she didn't participate in extracurricular activities or have friends over anymore. She was all Elvis, all the time.

Quentin bought her a Cocker Spaniel puppy, hoping she would snap out of Elvis mode and come back to them. When Eugenia named the puppy "Presley," Quentin knew his plan hadn't worked. Mollie was sure their daughter would eventually outgrow her fascination with the King, but Quentin felt like he was losing her.

In August of 1977, Quentin was on his way home from work when he heard on the radio that Elvis had died. He hoped that maybe now Eugenia could finally come back to him. But Millie met him as soon as he walked in the door, and his hopes were dashed.

He found Eugenia huddled on the floor in her room, sobbing. He and Millie took turns holding her all night long while she cried. By morning, all three of them were exhausted, but Eugenia's hysterical sobbing had finally ebbed to silent weeping. She begged her parents to let her stay home from school. Her parents agreed, knowing she would probably sleep most of the day after being up all night. Quentin left for work, and once Eugenia was asleep, Mollie went out to run a few errands.

When Mollie returned home, she went upstairs to check on her daughter, but Eugenia's bedroom was empty. Mollie found her lying on the bathroom floor in her own vomit. She called 911, but it was too late. Eugenia was gone.

Quentin and Mollie never recovered from the loss of their 17-year-old daughter. For the last 35 years, Quentin has devoted himself to dispelling the mystique of Elvis and other pop culture icons so other families don't lose their precious daughters like he and Millie did.

Subscribe to read more


Crime Scene
5800 N 19th Ave STE 103
Phoenix, AZ 85015
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280

For technical assistance: support@crimescene.com

For Crime Scene Store inquiries: store@crimescene.com


Find us on Google+

Weekly Updates

Get weekly updates on the investigation.
      Click to view previous updates

Go to top