Restaurateur Devlin Beauchamp was found bludgeoned to death in his bathtub.
Vanessa Palmer interviewThe detectives spoke to someone from Franklin Enterprises about their communication with Devlin.
Dorothy Rebine interviewDetectives Armstrong and Murphy visited Mickie's friend, Dorothy.
Mickie Webster bioMickie grew up in Grenada, MS and traveled the country before settling in Oxford.
Mickie Webster interviewThe detectives asked Mickie to come in for a more in-depth conversation.
Katherine Dixon bioKat was born and raised in Oxford and is a student at Ole Miss.
Katherine Dixon interviewSince Kat wasn't at Home Plate during the canvass, the detectives met her at her home.
Case documents are presented in reverse chronological order in the Case Files section.
There are four types of case documents: Evidence, Interviews, Biographies, and Press. Click the relevant tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
The investigation began on Monday, July 9, 2018, and will run for about six weeks.
You can investigate the case without paying or registering.
To participate in the discussion, sign up for a free account.
To make the most of your Crime Scene experience, subscribe now to get access to premium features like
- early access to case documents
- bonus content
- the opportunity to ask questions and exchange theories with a YCSD detective.
Want more information? Check out our FAQ.
Shop the Crime Scene Store
YOKNAPATAWPHA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Investigating Officer(s): Det. S. Murphy. Det. T. Armstrong
Incident No.: 001273-11C-2018
Case Description: Ambrose Garrett Death Investigation
The following items were taken into evidence from the meeting room of the Whitehall Community Center at 144 Huntington Place.
Recovered at the scene:
|Click to enlarge|
001273-10-003: One (1) stainless steel hip flask
|Click to enlarge|
001273-03 through 001273-09: HOA meeting agenda copies
- 001273-01: One (1) clear glass drinking glass, approx. 4" tall and 3" in diameter, containing approx. 1/4" of clear liquid
- 001273-02: One (1) clear glass drinking glass, approx. 4" tall and 3" in diameter, containing approx. 2" of clear liquid
- 001273-03 through 001273-09: Seven (7) 8-1/2" x 11" papers, copies of the HOA meeting agenda
- 001273-10: One (1) men's blazer, navy blue, size 50
Contents of pockets:
- 001273-10-001: One (1) men's wallet, black leather (from inside right pocket)
- 001273-10-002: One (1) Cross® ballpoint pen, gold (from inside right pocket)
- 001273-10-003: One (1) stainless steel hip flask, 4-1/16" x 6-1/4" x 1", 12-ounce capacity, empty (from inside left pocket)
- 001273-10-004: One (1) mini calculator (from right front pocket)
- 001273-10-005: One (1) 24-count pack of Cool Mint Listerine oral care strips, 7 strips remaining (from right front pocket)
- 001273-10-006: One (1) cellular phone (from left front pocket)
- 001273-11 through 001273-40: Contents of trash can in meeting room
- 001273-11 through 001273-27: Seventeen (17) paper napkins
- 001273-28 through 001273-39: Twelve (12) copies of the HOA meeting agenda
- 001273-40: One (1) plastic trash can liner bag
- 001273-41 through 001273-27: Contents of trash can in meeting room restroom
- 001273-41 through 001273-48: Eight (8) paper towels
- 001273-49: One (1) plastic trash can liner bag