YOKNAPATAWPHA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Investigating Officer(s): Det. T. Armstrong, Det. S. Murphy
Incident No.: 004651-29J-2020
Case Description: Frederick Miller death investigation
INVESTIGATION STATUS REPORT SUMMARY
All detailed reports on file.
November 6, 2020
Investigators re-interviewed people who attended the Sewcial Compassion event, and only one had any information of potential note.
Shelley Mitchell – Ms. Mitchell's exchange in the hallway with Stephanie Bragg outside of the Fellowship Hall was of particular interest. So far, Ms. Mitchell is the only person with specific knowledge of Mrs. Bragg being outside of the Fellowship Hall that evening.
Ms. Mitchell was forthcoming with information and was calm throughout the interview. She answered confidently and with no hesitation. It was apparent that Ms. Mitchell holds Ms. Bragg in high esteem and did not question Mrs. Bragg's leaving the room where the event was taking place.
Follow up with church staff regarding after-hours procedures for access to other areas, particularly the kitchen.
Re-interview Stephanie Bragg.
Deputy Willits contacted each Happy Hunter customer who purchased 60X Series Buck Buster carbon arrows with G5 Montec 85 gram broadheads between January 1, 2019, and October 29, 2020.
Alvarez, Manuel — purchase date: January 18, 2019
- Mr. Alvarez is not a resident of Oxford and said he did not know Frederick Miller.
- Mr. Alvarez was in Oxford visiting friends last year when he made the purchase.
- Home address and employment in Jacksonville, FL, confirmed.
Couch, Bruce — purchase dates: March 4, 2019; April 26, 2019; September 7, 2020
- Mr. Couch is a resident of Oxford and an avid hunter. He said he did not know Frederick Miller.
- Mr. Couch was out of town on business October 26 - November 1, 2020.
Huddleston, Donald — purchase dates: October 12, 2019; September 19, 2020
- Mr. Huddleston's involvement in the case is well-documented elsewhere.
Peterson, Penelope — purchase date: December 15, 2019
- Ms. Peterson was Frederick Miller's student in 2012. She said she got along fine with him and hasn't seen him since she graduated from high school.
- She purchased the arrows, along with a drone, as a Christmas present for her fiance.
- She said her fiance and two of his friends took the drone and the archery equipment out into the woods in early January, where the men apparently tried to use the drone to film each other shooting the arrows. They lost the drone and all the arrows in a single day. Her fiance told her there was alcohol involved.
- She said her fiance was from Horseheads, NY, that they had met online, and that he had moved to Oxford in October of 2016, and she was positive that he did not know Frederick Miller. She offered to have her fiance contact investigators.
Sanders, Daniel — purchase date: October 27, 2020
- Mr. Sanders knew Frederick Miller from church. He said he had no issues with Mr. Miller and couldn't understand why anyone would do anything so horrific.
- Mr. Sanders' arrows were still in the manufacturer's packaging in the trunk of his car.
Sidlow, Steven — purchase dates: November 30, 2019; January 13, 2020
- Mr. Sidlow said he did not know Frederick Miller.
- Mr. Sidlow works as a banquet server and was working an event on the night of October 29, 2020.
Report filed 11/9/2020, 6:30 p.m. by Det. T. Armstrong, 615, and Det. S. Murphy, 633