The Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of literary agent Victor Jennings. His body was found in the kitchen of his residence on Saturday, March 9, 2019.
Jennings was on house arrest, awaiting trial on extortion charges. It was unclear at the scene whether his death was an accident or murder.
Jennings' personal assistant Lee Merryweather found her boss dead when she came over to bring him some groceries. Her 911 call was logged at 6:35 p.m.
Help investigate the case
The Karma Kills case documents are presented in reverse chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- Sheriff's Department incident report
- Biography of victim Victor Jennings
- Interview with Lee Merryweather, who found the body
- Interview with Ray Jennings, the victim's brother