Detective Charles Tatum, a 21-year veteran with the Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department, was found dead in his home of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
However, questions arose almost immediately, and colleagues doubted their friend and fellow officer would take his own life.
Investigate the case
Case documents are presented in chronological order in the Case Files section.
There are four types of case documents: Evidence, Interviews, Biographies, and Press. Click the relevant tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with one of these case documents:
- Incident report about the discovery of the body
- Biography of Charles Tatum
- Internal Affairs memo re: Detective Tatum
- Interview with Edith McElroy, who called 911
- Interview with Marion Sanders, who was dating Detective Tatum