Saturday, May 7, 2011 -- 11:05 AM

The witness, the ex-wife of victim #2 Wayne Fisher, was interviewed at her residence in Pontotoc, MS. The interview was conducted by Detectives Armstrong and Murphy and was recorded on a portable tape recorder with the witness' knowledge and consent.

TA = Detective T. Armstrong
SM = Detective S. Murphy
CF = Christine Fisher

SM: Thank you for taking the time to talk to us today.

CF: Okay. I'm sorry you had to drive all the way over here.

TA: Oh, it wasn't too bad. It's a nice day. Good day for a drive.

SM: It's nice to get out of town every now and then. Ma'am, would you please state your name and address?

CF: Christine Fisher. 25 East Marion Street, here in Pontotoc, Mississippi.

SM: And how long have you lived here?

CF: In Pontotoc? Around 25 years or so. About two years in this apartment.

TA: What do you do?

CF: I work as a receptionist at Dr. Harold Moore's office.

SM: Ms. Fisher, we told you on the phone that we are investigating the murder of your ex-husband.

CF: Yes.

SM: We're sorry for your loss.

CF: Thank you.

TA: Do you mind talking to us today?

CF: No, not at all.

SM: Pardon me, this may be out of line, but you don't seem at all upset.

CF: Wayne and I have been divorced for almost 20 years. And it was really over for years before that. I don't mean to sound callous and I'm certainly sad for my sons, but there isn't a lot of emotion there for Wayne.

TA: Are you glad he's dead?

CF: Of course not. Don't be ridiculous. It's just that all emotion for Wayne was gone a long time ago. I feel for my sons' loss, but for me, I lost him years back.

SM: When was the last time you talked to Wayne?

CF: It's been years. Probably 18 years. For the first couple of years after we divorced, there was an attempt to keep some sort of charade going for the boys. You know, be together for birthdays, graduations, that sort of thing. But everyone could see through it, including the boys. So we finally dropped the pretense.

TA: And you had not spoken to him in 18 years?

CF: No. I don't remember the exact date. But it would be sometime around then.

SM: Did you receive any type of child support or alimony from Wayne?

CF: No.

TA: None?

CF: No. When we first divorced, neither one of us had much of anything. There weren't exactly a lot of assets to be divided. We did have some sort of support agreement worked out, but Wayne never followed it.

SM: Did you sue him? Pursue any type of legal recourse?

CF: No. I just wanted to be done. I just wanted it all out of my life. I'm not afraid of work. I can support myself. Me and the boys may not have had much, but I managed to keep us together. It just got to a point where I didn't want to be chasing him all over the South, constantly involving lawyers and police and all that. I just let it go.

SM: How did your boys take the divorce?

CF: I'll let them answer that question. I'm sure you're talking to them, right?

TA: We will be, but we'd like to have your opinions on it.

CF: It was like any divorce. They took it hard. But no harder than normal. The usual stuff, you know.

SM: What about you?

CF: What do you mean?

SM: How did you take the divorce?

CF: Did you drive out here to talk to me in order to ask idiotic questions like that? How do you think I took my divorce? Oh, it was just great. I had a ball.

SM: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude.

CF: It was hard, like all divorces, but I got through it.

TA: Are you dating anyone now?

CF: No.

SM: Have you been involved with anyone since you and Wayne broke up?

CF: No. After the divorce, there were some pretty embarrassing efforts at dating. But I think I'm just better off alone. And certainly now, I'm far too old for that kind of thing. I like being by myself, being quiet. And now, I'm too set in my ways to deal with someone else.

TA: I apologize for asking this, but we have to. Where were you on the night of April 15th?

CF: I went to the grocery store and then spent the evening here.

SM: By yourself?

CF: Yes.

TA: Did anyone see you?

CF: I guess the people at the grocery store. I wrote a check that you could probably use to track my time somewhat.

SM: But for the rest of the night, you were here and no one else saw you?

CF: No. I live alone, obviously.

TA: Do you know a man named Robert Pruitt?

CF: No, I don't think so.

TA: What about Vanessa Pruitt?

CF: No. Why? Who are these people?

TA: Do either of the names sound familiar, even if you don't know the people personally?

CF: I don't think so.

TA: Are you sure?

CF: Yes! Why?

SM: Mrs. Fisher, did you see any of the media coverage about your ex-husband's death?

CF: I guess so.

SM: Robert Pruitt is the man who was found dead along with your ex.

CF: Is that right? I didn't remember that.

TA: Now that you know who he is, have you ever met Robert Pruitt or his wife, Vanessa?

CF: No, I can't say that I have.

TA: Any idea why your ex-husband might have been at the Pruitts' home?

CF: None. As I said, I haven't had any contact with Wayne for years. I have no idea what he was doing or why.

TA: Mr. Pruitt was an attorney. Could he have been representing Wayne in some legal matter?

CF: I really don't know.  He could have been.  You should ask Ned. He knows more about Wayne's business than I do.

SM: As we go about this investigation, do you think we'll have any reason to talk with you again?

CF: I would have no way of knowing that. I suppose you might find something that you wanted to ask me about.

TA: How does that make you feel?

CF: I'm fine with that.

SM: Okay. Thank you for your time. We have to be getting back.

Interview ends -- 11:38 AM

{jcomments on}

Crime Scene
3440 N 16th St, Suite #4
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find us on Google+

Get weekly updates on the investigation.

Click to view previous updates

Go to top