Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gab Zone

Gab Zone 1 year 8 months ago #1314

• Scarlett
  • For Good Work
Let's talk.

Attachment talk.jpg not found

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gab Zone 1 year 8 months ago #1316

• Scarlett
  • For Good Work
I live in Southwestern Indiana and we had a rough night last Monday evening. A tornado hit us and really tore up the town.
I got away lucky compared to a lot of other folks. The east side of my house is beat up and 6 windows are broken. The entire house is peppered with green (mostly leaves from bushes and trees). Same with my porch and walk. I've been trying to clean up. Called the insurance and now I have to just wait.
My grandson was here and we were watching a movie trailer when it hit. It was like it just dropped out of the sky. When we ran to the door to look out, we couldn't see across the street, but we could see how the wind was tearing up everything. We went to the basement and we could hear the windows breaking and hail hitting the house. The hail was the size of baseballs and some were golf ball size. So you can imagine what the house looks like now.
Trees were down all over town and the town was barricaded, so no one could get in unless they lived here.We are now considered a disaster area.
WE had a storm like this just last year that did some damage, but not even close to this one.
The wonderful news is that even though there were some injuries, there were no deaths.
We'll be fine one we get everything cleaned up. But it was really scary, believe me.

Gab Zone 1 year 8 months ago #1324

• Scarlett
  • For Good Work
I just found out that what we thought was a tornado was something called a microburst.
I have never heard of that. After doing a search on it, it is a storm that comes straight down and the winds reach a peak of 110 miles per hour. That explains all the damage that was done.

Gab Zone 1 year 8 months ago #1376

• Scarlett
  • For Good Work
My town is slowly being cleaned up. My insurance adjuster was here yesterday and told me I need a new roof, new siding, gutters storm windows, etc. I guess you could call my house totaled. This is the way it is all over town.
This summer has really been different. Hotter than you know what and no rain until the night of the storm and this week. Too late for the farmers but still good for the animals who are on their own. I noticed that we don't have near as many birds as we had before.
How has your summer been?

Gab Zone 1 year 8 months ago #1378

• Scarlett
  • For Good Work
School starts here this week. I know all the kids are just dying for that to happen. :whistle:

Gab Zone 1 year 7 months ago #1454

• Scarlett
  • For Good Work
Looks like Florida is expecting some damage from Hurricane Isaac. Does anyone live in that area? Can you give us an idea of what is happening in your territory?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

New Information for Detectives

Countdown until Case Officers get new information

Crime Scene
3440 N 16th St, Suite #4
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find us on Google+

Go to top