If you're really sure you want to know what that mystery stain is, the tests in this bundle can tell you if it's blood, semen or gunpowder. What you do with that information is up to you.
You get one of each of these three tests. No samples of semen, blood or gunpowder are provided.
Forensic scientists use these acid phosphatase tests in the field and in laboratories.
- One semen test strip
- One pair of sterile cotton swabs
- One pair of nitrile gloves
- Moisten stain with water
- Rub stain with provided cotton swab.
- Rub the moistened swab onto test strip.
- Semen is present if it turns purple immediately.
Gunshot Residue Test
Investigators use these BlueClue tests in the field to detect the nitrates found in gunpowder for instant presumptive results.
- Place the collected sample in the bag and close it.
- After several seconds, if small blue specks appear, you have a positive presumptive result for the nitrates in gunpowder.
Forenstix Blood Test
Investigators use these tests in the field to get a fast and reliable presumptive test for blood identification at the crime scene.
- The Forenstix test is a self-contained packet consisting of two glass ampules inside a plastic tube. A positive presumptive reaction to blood will yield a deep blue color.
- Includes Forenstix sampling swabs and complete directions.