In the early morning hours of April 19, 2020, independent filmmaker Dalton Kimbrough was found dead at the isolated lodge where he was filming his movie, Death to the Revelers. He appeared to have been slashed and shot in his blood-spattered bathroom.
When the Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department arrived on the scene, the cast and crew were highly agitated after making the gruesome discovery.
Help investigate the case
The Movie Madness case documents are presented in reverse chronological order in the Case Files.
- Click the Evidence, Interview, Biography, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page to filter by document type.
- Click the Day tags at the top of the Case Files page to filter case documents by the day they happened in the investigation.
Want more info? Check out the Crime Scene FAQ
Where do you start?
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with the Case Recap or one of these case documents:
- YCSD incident report
- Death to the Revelers cast photos
- Interview with the man who confessed to the killing
- Interview with the victim's girlfriend
- Interview with the actor who protected the scene
- Interview with another actor in the cast
Want access to all of the case documents as soon as they're available? Become a Case Detective today.