The Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of Oxford resident Ambrose Garrett, who was found dead in the Whitehall Community Center on Sunday night, July 15, 2012.
Earlier that evening, Garrett had presided over a meeting of the Whitehall Homeowners Association, which he was president of, at the community center.
When his wife couldn't reach him hours later, family friend Julie Arbuckle went to the community center to see if he was still there. She called 911 when she found him.
Help investigate the case
The case is organized into categories of Interviews, Evidence, Biographies, and Press. Links to each category are provided on each case page.
Click on the links to move between categories and review the different pieces of evidence.
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start with one of these case documents:
- Incident Report about the discovery of the body
- Oxford Eagle article on the death
- Biography of Ambrose Garrett, found dead
- Interview with Julie Arbuckle, found the body
- Interview with Chester Hawkins, apprehended at the scene
- Latest Case Information