Your students will determine if a substance at the crime scene is
blood. They will also learn the forensic techniques involved in
This laboratory kit introduces students to presumptive blood tests
and evidence processing. During the lab, students will analyze
different items to find traces of blood. They will also process a piece
of evidence just as it would be processed at the actual crime scene.
As in all Lyle and Louise modules, this kit is geared to high school
and undergraduate courses, and is matched to National Science Education
- 6 bottles of hydrogen peroxide
- 6 bottles of phenolphthalein solution
- 6 sets of cotton swabs
- 6 sets of positive controls and presumptive test cards
- 6 carpet samples from the crime scene
- Fully illustrated teacher’s manual with technique background
Required Equipment ( not included )
- Lab gloves
- Distilled water
- Rulers for each group
- Camera (optional)
- Tweezers (optional)
This item can be shipped and stored at room temperature.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 25 May, 2012.