As detectives examine the offices of the Tumbling Water Land
Development Company, they notice that the office safe is empty and
hanging open. They dust the safe and find one clear fingerprint on the
door of the safe. The print is lifted and sent back to the
lab for analysis.
This kit introduces students to the fingerprinting techniques used by
the FBI and other police professionals. After learning about and
performing both rolling and lifting prints, students will analyze the
fingerprint found at the business offices of Lyle Mondelo. Students
will compare it to several suspect fingerprints to determine if there
was suspicious activity at the workplace of a victim.
As in all Lyle and Louise modules, this kit is geared to high school
and undergraduate courses, and is matched to National Science Education
- 30 hinge lifters
- 6 brushes
- Professional dusting powder (1 large container)
- Professional Fingerprinting Ink pads (2)
- 6 evidence fingerprint cards
- 6 fingerprint cards from each suspect
- Fully illustrated teacher’s manual with technique background
Required Equipment ( not included)
- Lab gloves
- Overhead transparencies or clear glass surface (such as an available window or glass from a picture frame)
- Weigh boat, petri dish, or paper bowl for powder
- Magnifying glass (optional)
This item can be shipped and stored at room temperature.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 25 May, 2012.