Using a shoe print collected at the crime scene, your students will
be able to determine critical information about the criminal! Students
will analyze and compare shoe castings.
Students will perform a lab to compare height with shoe size and
stride length. After taking castings of their own footprints, students
will use both a casting of the evidence shoe print and a photograph of
an additional shoe print found at the scene of the crime to determine
individual characteristics about the shoeprints of a suspect or
As in all Lyle and Louise modules, this kit is geared to high school
and undergraduate courses, and is matched to National Science Education
- 6 true to size castings of the evidence footprint for each group
- 6 photos of additional shoe print taken from crime scene
- 6 bags of dental stone (stronger and hardens more quickly than plaster)
- 6 sets of shoe data records from SoleMate (Forensic evidence company Foster + Freeman's footwear dat
- Fully illustrated teacher’s manual with technique background
Required Equipment ( not included )
- Yard stick or meter stick for each group
- Computer with Internet access for each group
This item can be shipped and stored at room temperature.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 25 May, 2012.