- You have insulted me, friend, with your vulgar
display. Sharing intimate
- correspondence, and making wild accusations - you
have sullied my
- reputation for ever. For ever!
- A condemned man must not act so. He must assume
the nobility of Death and
- embrace It with a glad heart. But you are too
vulgar, too vulgar! My
- disappointment in you is overwhelming; you have
injured me as surely as
- if you had inflicted corporeal punishment,
insulted my honor as surely as
- any lowly thug assaulting a lady in the depths of
- I have no choice but to attempt to regain my
honor. I shall await you in
- the Square, at 3:33 AM precisely. We shall settle
our differences, my
- too-spiteful friend, with pistols and rapiers, as
good gentlemen do.
- Arm thyself, and consider thyself fortunate,
slave, that I still deign to
- A Friend.