On Sunday, September 16, 2012, Oxford real estate agent Annette Wyatt was found dead on the floor of the workroom at the Harte Agency where she worked.
Co-worker Sofia Church came into the office and made the gruesome discovery.
View the evidence and help solve the case.
Ready to get started? Check out the Case Introduction and the Latest Case Information.
The previous case, Stranger Danger, is still available here.
The case is organized into Evidence, Press, Interviews and Biographies.
Links to each category are provided on every case page so you can easily move between them to view the case documents.
You can participate in the case without paying or registering.
However, our paid subscribers have access to premium features like advance information and bonus content. Learn more.
We think you will at least want to sign up for a free subscription in order to create a viewer profile and participate in the discussion. Subscribe Now!
Crime Scene sells Forensic Supplies to the Public
At Crime Scene we also offer forensic testing supplies and equipment. We supply crime labs, police departments, schools, movies, TV shows and armchair detectives.
YOKNAPATAWPHA COUNTY FORENSIC LABORATORY
DATE ANALYSIS PERFORMED: 3/5/2012
555 Jackson Avenue
Oxford, MS 38655
662-234-XXXX (FAX 662-234-XXXX)
Analysis: Fingerprint Analysis
REPORT OF FINGERPRINT ANALYSIS
Case Description: Philip Fontaine Homicide
Investigative Agency: Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff's Department
Investigating Officer(s): Det. S. Murphy. Det. T. Armstrong
Fingerprints that were not excluded from the crime scene were compared to recently obtained fingerprints of Joey Beecher, Bruno Coleman and Benito Flores.
Sink area - latent fingerprint 4
14 points of similarity to Benito Flores R4
16 points of similarity to Benito Flores R3
17 points of similarity to Benito Flores R2
Hardwood knife storage block - latent thumbprint R1
20 points of similarity to Benito Flores R1
Desk Area - thumbprint
Desk Area - fingerprint, 2
4 points of similarity to Benito Flores R2
Underside of toilet seat - fingerprint 1
Underside of toilet seat - fingerprint 2
Fingerprint in blood on kitchen knife
15 points of similarity to Benito Flores R2
Partial palm print on walking cane
3 points of similarity to Benito Flores R palm
Subscribe to read more
It's my under standing from my Forensics case book that when it comes to fingerprints, there must be 100% match or there is no match. But I'm always hearing points matches, how does this compare to percentages? How can there be a 3 or 4 point match for Benito and still be considered a match?
the suspicion lay , precisely on the Fingerprint in blood on kitchen knife , it's an unusual fingerprint analysis finding which pointing to Benito Flores , the odds of Benito Flores fingerprint in blood to be found on the kitchen knife , only establishing a base of a highly and reasonable suspicion.
conclusions i made:
1) the suspicion lay , precisely on the Fingerprint in blood on the kitchen knife , it's an unusual fingerprint analysis finding which pointing to Benito Flores , the odds of Benito Flores fingerprint in blood to be found on the kitchen knife , only establishing a base of a highly and reasonable suspicion.
2) as the three conclusive and evident evidence (Updated fingerprint analysis,Footwear comparison,Updated blood ABO typing) all linked and pointed to Benito Flores , only establishing a base of a highly and reasonable suspicion to Benito Flores.
3) about Benito Flores Interview: sequential scenario changes as he proclaim in one time he was in the parking lot and as the interview goes on he deny that claim , also the coincidence of having Benito Flores observed by witnesses having two different outfits , and flashing around a bunch of cash , this raise a suspicion.
4) so both Benito Flores and Raquel Santos works for the Fontaines , and in the 06:00 news on saturday , they hear the news about Fontaines death , and both does not exchange any monologue or comment about it (raise some doubts).
Detective Murphy: So what did Benito say when he heard the news?
Raquel Santos: Nothing.
Detective Armstrong: So the night before, he was all worked up over Mrs. Fontaine, and then he didn't comment on Mr. Fontaine being dead?
Raquel Santos: No. He didn't. Some people have respect for the dead. And I'm sick of you asking me these questions, trying to catch me in some lie. It's not going to happen. I'm telling the truth. What do I need to do to let you‒ get you to leave me alone?
5) it might have been that , Joey beecher went to the Roadhouse the night of the murder , when there he encountered Benito flores , Maybe so the alleged Fight/Attack on benito flores came from Joey beecher ? seems like a link here. whats the reason and cause of the fight? again witnesses saw confrontation , and saw Benito with bunch of money and two different set of outfits.? sound strange? YEH.
6) now something about Grant Fontaine involvement: the real reason for the cut on his arm and the bleeding nose might be hiding from sight and sentinel ears. could be any of various reasons , especially the confrontation.
7) About John Franklin (*regarding the press release - "Police investigate rival in developer's death")
Here is what i managed to lavage out.
From John Franklin interview:
John Franklin: Coleman paid me to be unreasonable. He didn't want Fontaine getting the land.
John Franklin: The situation was a little more complicated than just Coleman and Fontaine.
John Franklin: I got Fontaine shoveling money through my front door, Coleman shoveling it through my back door, and then someone else starts tapping at the window.
John Franklin: Lady Fontaine is tired of Oxford, Mississippi. She wants to leave this backwater and see the world.
John Franklin: She asked me not to sell. If Fontaine got my farm and the project went ahead, they'd be trapped here for years. She couldn't wait that long to get out.
Detective Armstrong: Did she pay you too?
John Franklin: She did at that.
John Franklin: Said she'd buy jewelry and then return it. Said Fontaine didn't notice that he never saw it again. <- (VERY important clue)
john Franklin: He showed up with a bottle of bourbon and tried to convince me to flat out laugh in Fontaine's face. I think Coleman was afraid I might double-cross him.
IT leads to that: apparently prior to the murder, Philip Fontaine received a phone call, the call came from benito flores, Benito told Philip that he must pay for all the drug Purchasing his son Grant Fontaine made, Benito flores must have added to it threats and Drastic Measures if Philip Fontaine will not pay him , at that moment Philip went to the bank and transacted the money , As seen by allegation Benito flores used to deal drugs with Grant Fontaine , for Grant Fontaine the lack of money was a disadvantage and necessity ,he has been assisted by benito flores after sharing with him the plan to kill his Father in order to pay for his drug use and apparently to fund further drugs.
Find us on Google+
All contents copyright © Crime Scene, 1995-2016