Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 10:30 am

Mindy is a 33-year-old black female who is friend and neighbor to Jill Ross. The interview was conducted at the Yoknapatawpha Sheriff's Department and was recorded on a portable tape recorder with the witness's knowledge and consent.

• Detective Ted Armstrong
  • Detective Samantha Murphy
  • Mindy Fisher

Detective Ted Armstrong Detective Samantha Murphy Mindy Fisher

Detective Armstrong: Thank you for coming down. Please state your name and address so we can get started.

Mindy Fisher: No problem, I'm Mindy Fisher; my address is 386 Elm, Oxford.

Detective Murphy: How long have you lived there?

Mindy Fisher: For about 9 years now. I love the neighborhood; we all look out for one another.

Detective Armstrong: Do you work, Mindy?

Mindy Fisher: Yes I do. I am a nurse practitioner. I work at the women's clinic here in town.

Detective Armstrong: Do you work weekends?

Mindy Fisher: Every other Saturday but we are closed on Sunday.

Detective Armstrong: Where were you January 30?

Mindy Fisher: That's Treenie's birthday; my niece. We had a surprise party for her at my house. I was home up until about 5.

Detective Murphy: Do you know Jillian Ross?

Mindy Fisher: Of course I do. She lives right next to me. I consider her a friend.

Detective Armstrong: A friend. So you two go out together?

Mindy Fisher: Oh no, we don't hang out or anything, but in the spring and summer we sometimes sit out in the yard together and talk.

Detective Murphy: Did you by any chance notice if Jill was at home on the 30th?

Mindy Fisher: I honestly don't remember ... but I can tell you that she isn't normally home on the weekends. If it weren't for the party, I'm sure I could tell you but I was pretty busy picking up after all the kids. Five year olds are quite messy!

Detective Armstrong: Did you ever see the DA Spenser Brooks visiting Jill?

Mindy Fisher: No, but one day I did see Louis Watson show up over there. I recognized him because I had seen him on the news complaining about how the DA was pushing for new liquor regulations. That's what he was yelling about that day, that the regulations would destroy his business.

Detective Murphy: How did Jill respond?

Mindy Fisher: I couldn't believe my eyes, but she let him into her house. I was so concerned I just stood there and watched until he left.

Detective Armstrong: How did he seem when he left?

Mindy Fisher: Content. I went over to Jill's to make sure she was all right. I said I needed some whipping cream.

Detective Armstrong: Was she all right?

Mindy Fisher: She was fine.

Detective Murphy: Did she mention Louis's visit?

Mindy Fisher: Not a word. She checked her refrigerator and said she couldn't help me. Then I left.

Detective Murphy: Did you hear any of what occurred while Louis was in her house?

Mindy Fisher: He stopped yelling once he got inside. The last thing I heard was, "he won’t get away with this," but I didn’t hear any specific name. Sorry.

Detective Armstrong: That's okay. Thank you again for talking with us.

Mindy Fisher: You're welcome. Bye.

Interview ends: 11:00 am

{jcomments on}

Crime Scene
3440 N 16th St, Suite #4
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find us on Google+

Get weekly updates on the investigation.

Click to view previous updates

Go to top