Tuesday, August 2, 2011 - 10:15 AM

Buzz Dakota is an eccentric, 79-year-old Caucasian male, who came forward to voluntarily provide information he believed to be pertinent to the Kevin Gilmore homicide investigation. The interview was conducted at the Yoknapatawpha County Sheriff’s Department and was recorded on a portable audio tape recorder with witness’s knowledge and consent.

• Detective Ted Armstrong
  • Buzz Dakota

Detective Armstrong: OK, Buzz. Good morning. It's nice to see you. It’s been awhile. Just can I have your name and address for the record?

Buzz Dakota: Yeah, I’m Buzz Dakota, and I live at 111 Price Hill Road, and I stay in the basement.

Detective Armstrong: What brings you in to see us today?

Buzz Dakota: Well, I read it in the newspaper where they found that hidden room out at the pot farm. And that's where they put that boy in that room to die, you know. What's the matter? Ain’t you ever heard the legend of that boy’s disappearance?

Detective Armstrong: Hold on, Buzz. What exactly are you talking about?

Buzz Dakota: I seen it with my own eyes. I was there at that pot farm that night that boy Kevin was taken. I told that poor dead detective something funny was going on there back then, but they didn’t do nothing. I told him how I heard them alien transmissions over my transistor radio, and I took my telescope out there to watch the skies for the Martians. And that’s when I saw the three of them.

Detective Armstrong: You actually remember back to 1987?

Buzz Dakota: Well, of course I do. Just because I’m getting older don’t mean I can’t remember stuff. I for sure saw three of them. Now I know one of them must have been that boy. I heard noises like they was fussing, but I couldn’t understand what they were saying because it was all gibberish, but they sounded mad. I was in the grass behind the trees with my invisible armor so ain’t no aliens could see me. Then I left when the three of them was arguing. Now that’s when they must’ve locked that boy in that secret room.

Detective Armstrong: The three of who, Buzz? Help us understand.

Buzz Dakota: I'm talking about the aliens! I stayed back behind the trees so they couldn’t see me, and one of them must've got that boy. One of them must've been that boy actually. He was trying--probably trying to steal that marijuana. I hear them kids like to smoke that stuff because makes them feel weird.

Detective Armstrong: So the boy was an alien?

Buzz Dakota: No, no, no! It was the aliens that got the boy. Or the G-men. Well, everybody knows if you get too close to that pot farm, them government agents are going to get you. It’s happened before, and it can happen again at any time to anybody.

Detective Armstrong: I didn’t know that. Where did you hear that?

Buzz Dakota: Well, everybody knows. Just ask any of them kids over at the college. They all know about it. Now, that’s all I know. I got to go now. They might find out I’m here, and I don’t have on my protective armor.

Detective Armstrong: OK, Buzz. Thanks for coming in today. If you remember anything else, feel free to stop by.

Buzz Dakota: Well, I can't--I just--I gotta--that’s all I know. All I know is they’re everywhere, and no one is safe.

Detective Armstrong: Take care, Buzz.

Buzz Dakota: I got to protect the free world.

Interview ended: 10:24 AM

Crime Scene
3440 N 16th St, Suite #4
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find us on Google+

Get weekly updates on the investigation.

Click to view previous updates

Go to top