Wednesday, February 16, 2011-8:35 a.m.

Kyle Ferguson is an ex-convict. He was convicted by D.A. Spenser Brooks. The interview was conducted at the Yoknapatawpha Sheriff's Department and was recorded on a portable tape recorder with the witness’s knowledge and consent.

• Detective Ted Armstrong
  • Detective Sam Murphy
  • Kyle “Big Boy” Ferguson

Detective Armstrong: Come in and have a seat.

Kyle Ferguson: I can guess why you need to question me, coppers.

Detective Armstrong: Name and address.

Kyle Ferguson: What if I don’t have one.

Detective Armstrong: Keep smartin’ off “Little Boy,” and I’ll give you a room here for the night.

Kyle Ferguson: Cain’t a guy have some fun? I am now residing at 394 Garner. And that’s “Big Boy” and you know it.

Detective Armstrong: Did you murder your old friend, Spenser Brooks?

Kyle Ferguson: Hey, why would I knock the D.A. off? He was a nice guy, right?

Detective Murphy: We heard from a very reliable source that you said you were going to make him disappear.

Kyle Ferguson: Yeah, I did say that when I was in prison. Somebody beat me to it and that’s a fact. I just hadn’t gotten around to it yet. Waited too long. I was really lookin’ forward to that. Enjoyed plannin’ on how I was gonna do it. If I’d killed the jerk you wouldn’t have found the body!

Detective Armstrong: Do you own a gun?

Kyle Ferguson: Oh come on! You know I cain’t own a gun.

Detective Armstrong: Sure. You also claimed you didn’t know anything about a meth lab.

Kyle Ferguson: You think you’re real smart don’t you? Think because you’re a cop you can say anything you want and it’s okay. You might end up like the D.A. if you aren’t careful.

Detective Murphy: You must have liked prison because you keep begging to be sent back. Threatening an officer is not a very good idea.

Kyle Ferguson: I wasn’t threatening, I was just sayin’…….

Detective Armstrong: Where were you on Sunday morning, January 30th ?

Kyle Ferguson: I was in bed. I sleep late now since no one can make me get up at dawn. So I was sleepin' like a baby when the D.A. got it in the head. I can think of better ways to end a life. Slower ways.

Detective Armstrong: So you weren’t anywhere near Wall Doxey Park that morning? Is that what you’re telling us?

Kyle Ferguson: That’s right, copper. Nowhere near. While Brooks was dying, I was at home curled up in my jammies. You got the wrong idea about me. Brooks just wanted to convict anyone he could. Innocent and guilty alike. He didn’t care which way it was. No, not him. He wouldn’t leave things alone until he got whoever he was after, put away.

Detective Armstrong: Let’s see now. He got you on charges of running a meth lab, didn’t he? I wouldn’t exactly call you an innocent. You got caught, punk!

Kyle Ferguson: Whatever. I’m straight now. Don’t even remember how to do that stuff.

Detective Armstrong: Did you see the D.A. after you were released? Been seeing any of the old gang? Maxie? Slicer? Jiggs?

Kyle Ferguson: Oh, you mean the good guys. Sad to say, no I haven’t seen my friends in a while. I’m ready for a reunion though. Now, that the big bad wolf is dead. Celebrate.

Detective Armstrong: You’re walking on very thin ice, jerk. You ever been to Wall Doxey?

Kyle Ferguson: Sure. Hasn’t everyone around here? I used to go there a lot in the summer time with my dad. Camping and fishing. I don’t have a kid of my own yet, so I ain’t been there for some time now. I sure wasn’t there the day the D.A. was removed if that’s what you’re gettin’ at again. You might as well hang it up. You ain’t got nothin’ on me.

Detective Armstrong: Don’t sleep too soundly. We may be making a midnight call soon.

Kyle Ferguson: I gotta go. I’m lookin’ for a job, don’t cha know?

Detective Armstrong: What’s in your resume´? Experience in running meth labs?

Kyle Ferguson: I have experience in many different things, and like I said, I 'm out of the meth business.

Detective Armstrong: Right. Go on and go. Just don’t go too far.

Interview ended: 9:15 a.m.

{jcomments on}

Crime Scene
3440 N 16th St, Suite #4
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find us on Google+

Get weekly updates on the investigation.

Click to view previous updates

Go to top