Menu

Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Crime Scene forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Missing Baby Lisa Irwin

Missing Baby Lisa Irwin 2 years 5 months ago #334

• EricaTJ3
  • Junior Boarder
  • For Good Work
Hello from Cincinnati! Does anyone have any theories behind the disappearance of baby Lisa? This case has been on my mind since I first heard of her disappearance. I really have a hard time finding a good motive for an abduction. Why would someone abduct a baby? A couple reasons come to mind, like black market adoptions and for someone who wants a child. Usually when a woman abducts a baby, I have read that it is usually newborns abducted because the woman wants to pass the child off as her own. This just doesn't seem to fit the case of a 10 month old. With black market adoptions, I would think someone who intends to steal a baby to sell on the black market would be a bit more sophisticated in the abduction. The way it is portrayed is that someone just broke in through a window and stole the baby. If this is the case, it would have to be someone who is familiar with the family, neighborhood and home. The house is very small. Why would someone such close quarters to abduct a child? I would think there would be too many variables that could go wrong, such as one of the three people in the house waking, someone seeing them sneak in the FRONT window of the home, a baby monitor, etc. It also doesn't make sense why the abductor would turn on all the lights in the home. Well, my rant is over for the moment. Anyone want to discuss the case?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Missing Baby Lisa Irwin 2 years 5 months ago #338

• TDA
  • Expert Boarder
  • For Good Work
How terrible and tragic this case is.

What I'd like to know is where was the mother at the time this all happened, if the father was out working.

"On Tuesday, Jeremy Irwin said he came home from working an overnight shift and found his daughter's crib empty, a window open and the family's three cell phones gone. " (abc news)
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thess 5:21)
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by TDA.

Re: Missing Baby Lisa Irwin 2 years 5 months ago #340

• EricaTJ3
  • Junior Boarder
  • For Good Work
The mother finally admitted to police that she had been drinking (enough to be drunk, in her own words) with neighbors that night. She was also taking lorazepam/ativan an antiaxiety medications. She also admitted that she doesn't remember the last time she saw Lisa that night after she put her to bed. She said that she doesn't remember most of the night. Makes me really look at the mother as the possible murderer.
The other person of interest in the case is a man that was seen wandering down the road carrying a baby dressed only in a diaper wrapped in a blanket. I can't see how someone who abduct a baby and not have a way to get out of the vicinity quickly. The man was seen walking for a few miles. It is weird, but I really don't think that much of an unsophisticated person would commit this type of crime.

Re: Missing Baby Lisa Irwin 2 years 5 months ago #344

• TDA
  • Expert Boarder
  • For Good Work
Well the mother is innocent until proven guilty, but I fear she has got something to do with it and is now trying to cover it up with this weird alibi. Why someone should want to steal the baby, break into the premises by breaking a window and then taking the time to steal three cell phones as well is beyond me. It all looks very fishy to me at the moment.

Re: Missing Baby Lisa Irwin 2 years 5 months ago #350

• EricaTJ3
  • Junior Boarder
  • For Good Work
That is definitely true! It is quite fishy. I really hope that baby Lisa is alive and well somewhere, but the odds are not looking good. I am not sure why someone would steal three cell phones and nothing else. That would seem like a lot of work to gather up all the cell phones in the house. Again, you would have to be very familiar with the home layout and the family's behavior to find the cell phones quickly at night without running the risk of waking someone. Unless they all were stacked up in the nursery or by the front door. I know my husband and I don't keep our phones together at night. So strange.

Off topic, but what got you into liking mysteries? :)

Off-topic... 2 years 5 months ago #370

• TDA
  • Expert Boarder
  • For Good Work
EricaTJ3 wrote:
Off topic, but what got you into liking mysteries? :)

I cannot really explain what got me into liking mysteries per se, only what got me here:

Believe it or not, fierce online discussions about religion and the paranormal, including my preference of picking arguments to pieces and my skeptical views on all things mysterious brought me here of all places. My efforts were not always approved of and it left me very unsatisfied, when debating such matters. I felt I wanted and needed to put my meagre skills I do already possess to some better use than arguing about the same old arguments, over and over again. There was no fun in that in the end.

I remembered one or two websites a few years back, which were looking for the help of the public in solving crime cases. It well could have been this site, I suppose. Once finding it, I knew this was just what I was looking for to hone my skills or to put the skills I already have to good use, without being emotionally attacked by ungrateful posters, every now and then. As I am also an avid Sherlock Holmes fan and love research and a challenge, etc., I feel right at home and hope I can contribute to this unusual site.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by TDA.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

New Information for Detectives

Countdown until Case Officers get new information

Crime Scene
3440 N 16th St, Suite #4
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find us on Google+

Go to top