Kdcypress, I do believe that David did murder Monica, and I agree with EasTexasTic that he was probably the one who took the photo. I think it’s possible that the real reason he was going to Monica’s office so many times at night and yelling is because she owed him some of the money. What if they were also blackmailing Jack Rowan? Maybe Monica gave him the $2000 that he had.
1. I think the money in the safe deposit box really is what she saved from blackmailing the Senator and I am guessing that she had more from someone else.
-I agree with you and EasTexasTic about that note. I just hadn’t figured out who wrote it, but I did finally realize it wasn’t Melvin Roberts
2. Edward Hagen. -It’s also possible that she could have tried to blackmail the Senator again, since she didn’t get rid of that photo when she said she would. That could be why he said what he did about her. I’m still confused a little about Hagen. Not sure where I stand on him now. I felt that he hired someone to kill Monica, but I’m not so sure of that now.
3. I’m not sure about who Lori was talking about in those letters. The only person, to me, whose name would be the antithesis to him, would be Frank Knight. He could have hired David Ledford to murder Monica, and that is another possibility for where Ledford got the $2000. Since Ledford was at the poker game, they had to have known each other. Does that make sense to you?
4. I agree with you that there is a lot going on in this case and it’s hard to make a definite decision about everything.
1. I agree with you that it probably wasn’t Monica at the poker table, but she found out about the games, probably from David, and he took the photos, but I think it almost had to be a hidden camera. I mean, would Hagen allow anyone to take a photo of him gambling illegally? I can’t see that happening. I still think it’s possible that Monica was blackmailing someone else at that poker game. We’ll need more information though, before I can be sure of that.
2. I also agree with you about those soil samples coming from the camping area where David did his hunting and fishing. We know that he was in that office yelling at Monica for sure and that he was doing something with her computer.
3. I have the exact same thoughts about the money that David had and that it came from Monica. It was a kind of pay off. What I’m not sure about is whether she gave it to him or if he took it from her.
4. If Morgan Prescott is the killer, that would be quite a twist. Congrats to you if that turns out to be right even though I’ll hate you if that’s the way it went. LOL The scenario you describe with the truck trade and the extra money does make sense.
5. Yes, I thought the clown was just a red herring. More fodder to mess with us. Ha
6. I think Hagen and Wright will be in some kind of trouble because I feel the whole murder was set up by them. That may be too easy, though, and you could have it right.
We may all be ready for the looney bin when this case is over. I think my brain is fried now.
Merry Christmas! Have a great day with your family.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thank You Scarlett. We had a really good time. I would love to have a murder mystery dinner sometime for Christmas. That would be so cool! I used to have some of those but I gave them to the college's drama teacher.
We may never know the extent of Morgan's involvement in this case because they are listing David's arrest as the case conclusion. He didn't exactly admit he did it but he almost did. He got the Y out of yes out before the lawyer shut him up. So nice to know this one was right. Out of the 4 cases I've done, I've gotten two right, one wrong and one I was split on. I was torn between two suspects on that one. I am so glad I stumbled on this website. I always wanted to be a criminal investigator. I was taking criminal justice classes but some health issues forced me to quit so this lets me pretend I'm doing my dream job. Can't get much better than that!
I am so addicted, I can hardly wait for the next case!
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone from Texas!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Who killed Monica Drum, managing editor of paper?
4 months 3 weeks ago #2148
I loved this case, too. It's been a long, long time since I got back to the solving cases instead of helping with other things around here.
I've been here about about 12 years, I think. It's been so long I can't remember exactly. I was hooked from day one and I still am.
I'm waiting for a new case with just as much anticipation as you.
I think I will still be doing this on the next case since Tom hasn't told me otherwise. I'm looking forward to working with you guys again.
I'm going to think of you as a real criminal investigator, EasTexasTic. You did a great job on this case, as did kdcypress.
kc, we're going to have to tip your scales the other way for this case. lol
We may be hearing more about some of these characters in future cases, because there are some real shady people in Oxford and nearby cities. lol
I had a great time yesterday, too. After we stuff ourselves and open gifts, we play games. We played a game I had never played before and it was called, "Quelf." I love that game. It is so much fun and everyone enjoyed it. If you ever get a chance to participate, go for it. You will thorougly enjoy it.