Menu

Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Crime Scene forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: New Member

New Member 1 year 11 months ago #1108

• jinpark
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys! I'm new to this website.
My name is Jin and I'm just wondering how I get started.
How do I solve a case?
Does the solution to a case come up whether someone has solved it or not? Or does it remain unsolved until someone solves it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Member 1 year 11 months ago #1110

• Azna
  • Expert Boarder
  • For Good Work
Hi Jin - welcome to Crime Scene ;)

You solve a case by competing in the different types of contests Crime Scene sets up by the end of each case. Those can be either a survey where you choose a killer and other case-specific information, or it can be a theory-summary, where you write in your own words what you think happened.

Prior to that however, theres the case of course. Crime Scene releases information on a case 3 times a week - on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. You can view a current case in the tab above titled "The Case". In there you find sub-categories on the different types of information you have access to. Some people prefer to solve a case alone, and other prefer to discuss the cases in here - it's entirely up to you :)
Paid members can Ask The Detective to gather more specific information about a subject, that you feel you need to dig a little deeper into. This feature can be priceless if you know the right questions to ask!
A typical case will run for about 8 weeks, and the Skull Found case has now almost been concluded.
Im not sure when exactly they'll start a new one, but you should stick around for that, so you can start on a fresh!!! :cheer:

A case always remains unsolved before the whodunit-contest (obviously) - then afterwards we get to discover who the killer actually is. There'll be awesome prizes for the ones who get things right!

I hope this helped you out a bit and I look forward working with you on the cases to come.

- Azna
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Azna.

Re: New Member 1 year 11 months ago #1112

• Azna
  • Expert Boarder
  • For Good Work
Oh by the way - The NEW case starts on monday the 14th of May, so in a week exactly :woohoo:

Hope we'll see you then! ;) - Azna

Re: New Member 1 year 11 months ago #1114

• jinpark
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Azna! That was really helpful. I think I'm having trouble navigating the website. I know the Skull Found case is over now since the Whodunit was revealed but before it was over where would I have to go in the website to give me vote? Who it have been under the "The Case" tab?

Re: New Member 1 year 11 months ago #1116

• Azna
  • Expert Boarder
  • For Good Work
The whodunit contest links will be impossible to miss really, but yeah, mainly you find the contest in the "The Case" category :) It'll all come together really once you try it out - one just has to get involved, and lucky for you, a new case is on its way in no time :D

Im glad I could help! :D And YEAH - I'm so excited too..
The following user(s) said Thank You: jinpark

Re: New Member 1 year 11 months ago #1118

• jinpark
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh gotcha ;) Thanks so much! You've been amazingly helpful. I'll see you around for the next case! :D
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

New Information for Detectives

Countdown until Case Officers get new information

Crime Scene
3440 N 16th St, Suite #4
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Voice (623) 565-8573
Fax (602)-274-7280
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find us on Google+

Go to top